October 10, 2011

Ah, the promised land!

Unlike my partner in crime, I managed to stay out of the mud!
As always, the last day of riding in Arizona lived up to my expectations. Despite the fact that it was 20 degrees cooler than normal and colder than Indy! The sun always seems to shine in the Valley. The Salt River Canyon was beautiful. Much easier than when I first rode it the opposite direction from Phoenix back to Indy in February. In fact, if I remember correctly I was being passed by cars earlier this year. This time it was the other way around.

One of about 6 passes I rode!

It was a little sad to leave my little Triple in a friend's garage. He had been very good to me the last 7 days, and I felt like I was abandoning him. I left him shiny and clean, though, and he'll need his 12,000 mile service when I get back to Phoenix. Very soon, I hope.

It was a great adventure. Everything I had hoped it would be. A few lessons learned, some amazing new places discovered. And seen from the best view possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment