May 1, 2015

A New Adventure Begins

I'm enjoying day 7 of training as a Motorcycle Safety Foundation RiderCoach. About 10 other motorcycle enthusiasts and I, if we pass, will be certified to teach the fundamentals of safe, responsible motorcycling to those who want to learn. On day 3 of the training, I probably wouldn't have described myself as "enjoying" much. It's been 11-12 hour days in the Arizona, most of it outdoors learning skill exercises. We had freaky cool weather the first 2 days (mid-80's 😉) and now we're pushing triple digits.
My fellow trainees are mostly military guys (we're training on Luke Airforce Base, which is super cool in itself), which leaves Kate and I as the lone females. (Don't worry, we're holding our own, thank you very much). So, yeah, I'm spending my days with buff military guys, riding motorcycles. No complaints here. Now that two of the three tests are complete, anyway. (Yes, I passed the first two). This weekend were teaching the class to real students. Yikes. We'll be evaluated on our teaching and coaching skills, and then set loose to talk friction zone, apex, and slow-look-press-and-roll to anyone who will listen. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment