April 19, 2012

Super Sonic

Ok, this is all about my new spring, but first, I have to say how much I love GoAz Motorcycles. I've never had anything but the very best experience there, whether I'm getting a service, buying apparel, picking up a new controller for my heated gear, or getting my new spring installed.

So, today the new spring was installed by Sonic. Last year he set my suspension up for me, and at the time told me that he did about all he could do with the spring that came on the bike. See, it's made for a guy who weighs about 175, and I'm a good fity cent shy of that.

I think he might have been more excited than I was about this spring, and if he wasn't, he put on a good act. Possibly best of all, though, was his hair. Not only was it died to match my bike, but the stripes were racing fast, clearly a sign that I have "the will to win".

Seriously, everyone there is so nice and professional, and not once have I been treated as anything less than a motorcyclist. Well, maybe Allejandra takes advantage of me every time I walk into the apparel area, but that's probably my fault more than hers. And Brett who gets everything going in the service department is fabulous.

Anyway...back to my spring. So it's in. I was a bit sheepish because I didn't know what to expect, and when Brett and Sonic came out and had me climb on the bike, I felt like I needed to tell them what I wanted, but I had nothin'. The had me bounce up and down, and nodded to each other and said it was bouncing evenly. They told me to be careful on it starting out, and I asked them what to look out for. "It doesn't hold corners very well" or "the ass just wiggles around and doesn't feel right".

Got it. So, if you see me out on the street with my ass wiggling, you'll know that I just have a new spring, and everything's going to be just fine. Just need to get that suspension dialed in.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment